Website management policy
This policy was passed by the AGM on 15 November 2012.
The Executive Notes:
- The Chair represents the public face of the Society.
- Primary responsibility for the Society’s online presence lies with the Secretary.
- The Society’s websites (the main site, and the related DHRD site) allow for content to be posted without delay by any person having the relevant online permissions.
- Maintaining the Society’s online presence is a time-consuming process and requires more than one person to be responsible for it in order for it to be done effectively.
- The Society’s online presence forms part of how the outside world relates to the Society, and so must be organised in a democratic, accountable, and transparent manner.
The Executive Resolves:
- This policy shall be posted on the Society’s websites and shall be updated as soon as changes are made, including changes to the responsibilities of those named below.
- All members of the Society shall have permission to post on any forum visible only to members. Posts must not be:
- Calculated merely to offend; or
- Advertisements for commercial goods or services.
- The Secretary shall be responsible for moderating any forum visible only to members.
- Permission of the Executive shall be sought before any politically contentious material is posted on the websites if that material is to be accessible to non-members. Subject to this, the following people shall have permission to update the websites, without the prior permission of the Executive, with any content which is not politically contentious:
- The Chair, Secretary, and Vice Chairs shall have permission to make any updates;
- The Officers and any assistants to the Officers shall have permission to make any updates within the remit of their roles as set out in the Constitution.
- The Membership Secretary and Assistant Membership Secretary shall be responsible for ensuring that members can access members-only areas of the websites.
- The DHRD site may be updated by the Secretary, International Secretary, the Assistant International Secretary, and Paul Heron (or their delegates).
- Shanthi Sivakumaran shall be responsible for updating the website on student issues.
- The Society’s social media accounts shall be updated by the Chair, Secretary, Vice Chairs, International Secretary, and Membership Secretary.
- This policy may be updated by the Executive or the General Meeting.